Top Ten Questions To Ask About Spain's Bailout
London, UK - 10th June 2012, 11:10 GMT
Dear ATCA Open & Philanthropia Friends
[Please note that the views presented by individual contributors are not necessarily representative of the views of ATCA, which is neutral. ATCA conducts collective Socratic dialogue on global opportunities and threats.]
1. Recapitalisation of Banks: Will the commissioned bank auditors and global markets conclude that €100bn is enough to recapitalise Spanish banks?
2. Access to Sovereign Debt Markets: Will Spain continue to have access to markets to be able to sell its government bonds post ts first banking bailout?
3. Flight of Capital: With capital flooding out of Spain's banks, is a €100bn tranche likely to be enough to prevent further bailouts of its banks and government at a later date?
4. Source of Cash: Analysts in financial markets across the globe will be asking themselves where precisely is the cash going to come from to help Spain?
5. No Cash Left: Where else is the Eurozone likely to go wrong in its risk management calculus before the limited money in the common funds runs out?
6. Euphoria: Is the rise in market indices in the wake of Spain’s bailout going to be short-lived just as soon as the markets realise that the Eurozone recession is not going to go away and the Greek election results may be unsatisfactory?
7. Eurozone Growth: With the US and emerging market economies like China and India slowing down fast, how can Europe grow its way out of this crisis?
8. Italy: Post Spain's bailout could the markets target the next major incumbent? Could Italy -- often seen as the next domino to fall -- be under full attack?
9. Non-Equivalence: Will citizens and governments in Greece, Ireland and Portugal be infuriated when they realise that Spain will face few of the harsh economic conditions imposed on them -- including cutting wages, slashing spending and selling off public assets -- in return for a Eurozone bailout?
10. Addressing Root Cause: Does this bailout fully address the source of the problem that Spain has, which has resulted in 25+% general unemployment and 50+% youth unemployment?
What are your thoughts, observations and views? Please join the Socratic dialogue on ATCA 5000 at https://www.yammer.com/atca. We look forward to hearing from you! The ATCA Research & Analysis Wing and the mi2g Intelligence Unit can furnish further details upon request at the ATCA roundtable on Yammer.
Spanish flag against a Eurozone blue sky
What are your thoughts, observations and views? We are hosting an Expert roundtable on this issue at ATCA 24/7 on Yammer.
Expert roundtables are the newly launched ATCA 24/7 Q&A private exclusive club service. They seek to become the killer application in strategic intelligence by delivering an unprecedented competitive advantage to our distinguished members. They can only be accessed online at https://www.yammer.com/atca
Q1: How to become a privileged member of ATCA 24/7 to participate in the expert roundtables?
A1: i. If you are a distinguished member of ATCA 5000, ATCA Open, The Philanthropia or HQR affiliated groups you may be allowed to become a privileged member of this new and exclusive private club.
ii. If you are pre-invited, visit the private intelligence network -- PIN -- by going to https://www.yammer.com/atca [Note: In https:// 's' is for security and encryption]
iii. If you don't have membership of the PIN yet, email the mi2g Intelligence Unit at intelligence.unit at mi2g dot com for an exclusive invitation.
Q2: How to participate in the expert roundtables and get domain-specific strategic intelligence questions answered?
A2: Access the ATCA 24/7 Private Intelligence Network -- PIN -- online and ask or answer a strategic intelligence question, no matter how complex. Receive expert answers within 24 hours or get pointers from:
i. ATCA 5000 experts who are online;
ii. ATCA Research and Analysis Wing; and
iii. mi2g Intelligence Unit.
Q3: Why is the ATCA 24/7 Q&A Exclusive Club special?
A3: ATCA 24/7 has now created an exclusive private intelligence watering hole and expert roundtable at the highest level where interesting and sophisticated questions are being asked from around the world, and intelligent answers are being provided, almost always by experts who have deep domain-specific knowledge. Come and check out the exclusive club, take it for a strategic test drive, which sign-of-intelligent life are you waiting for?
To learn more about "The Expert Roundtable: ATCA 24/7 Q&A Club" email: intelligence.unit at mi2g.com and if you are already a member visit https://www.yammer.com/atca
We welcome your thoughts, observations and views. To reflect further on this subject and others, please respond within Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn's ATCA Open and related discussion platform of HQR. Should you wish to connect directly with real time Twitter feeds, please click as appropriate:
. ATCA Open
. mi2g Intelligence Unit
. Open HQR
. DK Matai